Sunday 15 January 2012

Clay and Aspirin face mask

Clay masks have always been in my heart for their clearing and sebum absorbing power, but lately the oiliness in my skin has diminished ( and I'm really happy about it!). Most of you might think that that would mean less break outs....WRONG! I've been going through a pretty bad skin period lately, and over one night I got six new spots on my face!! I got really frustrated in the morning and decided to do something new... my original idea was to dissolve a couple of aspirins in the water and apply the solution on the spots and leave it on as long as possible, but I accidentally put waaay too much water in the glass in the attempt to dissolve the aspirins, so through all my mistakes something amazing was discovered!!!

Here is what I did: 
melt 4 aspirins in just a little  amount of water
add 1/2 tbs of green clay
add 1 tbs of honey



Once you've done that, mix all the ingredients well, using any tool you want but not something made of steel because it reacts with clay, and make it not as effective! When you're ready apply a thick layer of mask on your face and leave it on for 20/30 minutes, then rinse it off  with warm water. Take your time while rinsing it off, because the texture is quite grainy and it takes a while to dissolve. Your skin should look brighter and the redness and inflammation of spots significantly reduced!! In fact the salicylic acid contained in aspirin calms down the inflammation and removes dead skin cells, the purifying power of clay helps draw to the surface all the dirt and excess oil, while honey helps keep skin hydrated, fresh and prevents drying, and has anti-microbial properties as well!

The nice thing about this mask is that you can adjust it to your skin, more honey if your skin is dryer, more clay if it’s oilier, more or fewer aspirins depending on how many spots you have and the trick is done!!

Let me know if you try it and how it worked for you!!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...