Saturday 25 August 2012

Gratin Scallops

Oh yes...it's saturday and for the most of us that equals free time and a nice night out with friends, but for me since I'm studying for the september session of exams it's just like any other day... sadly!

A couple of weeks ago though I decided to make a special dinner for my boyfriend and I even though I did not have much time at all.
It turned out really great and I thought it was a good idea to share since this recipe is quick easy and doesn't envolve a knife (every time I have to cut something I -without fail- cut myself), plus it looks like you've spent hours preparing and spent about a million bucks, which is always good.

Gratin scallops are easy peasy and super romantic looking, what you need for two people are:

-4 scallops
-1 clove of garlic
-half a glass of extra virgin olive oil
-80 grams of bread crumbs
-a couple of spoons of broth
-50 grams of Parmisan cheese




First thing first, you need to pre heat the oven to 200° celcius, then prepare the broth, I use the granular biological broth, once that's done in a separate bowl add the bread crumbs, the parmisan cheese and squeeze in the clove of garlic (after having peeled it). Add a bith of broth to make it become a dense paste, if you add too much broth add some bread crumbs. After that add a little pinch of salt and some oil and stir the paste. It should not be too liquidy, it needs to be more on the dense side of things...

At this point add the paste on top of the sccallops covering them, add the remaining oil on top and put them in the oven for 20 min, until the bread starts to become golden and you are done! sooo yummy! I served it with a seasonal salad on the side, seasoned with a very simple vinegrette made with olive oil salt and balsamic vinegar.

If you want and you are old enough you can add some bobbles to your meal, I personally love a glas of rosè every so often!

let me know if you try this recipe!!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...